CPA Team Based Consultant
In a recent survey by the Sleeter Group, 72% of small business owners have changed their CPA because they only gave them “reactive services” instead of “proactive advice.” (Source: AICPA)
The CPA Team Based Model was created to help CPAs address this challenging problem.
In the last five to ten years there’s been a dramatic shift in what people want and need from their CPAs. As the AICPA put it, CPAs are now expected to be their clients’ “most trusted business advisors,” and as CPA Horizons 2025 pointed out, a CPA is no longer defined by “traditional services such as tax preparation, audits, and financial statements.”
In this shifting landscape, firms that will thrive in the future will learn how to use this trend to their advantage, rather than struggle against it.
As Team Model Consultants, we work with a group of highly trained and experienced Specialists across the country to provide advanced tax planning and tax reduction strategies to Tax Professionals and Business Owners.
Our goal is to:
- Help CPAs Secure their Role as their Clients’ Most Trusted Advisors.
- Help Business Owners, High-Income Taxpayers and High-Net-Worth Clients maximize tax planning and tax reduction opportunities.
From the simplest of account roll-overs to the most complex tax mitigation and business planning scenarios, the CPA Team Based Model can help. The following list of our planning areas is representative of the variety and depth of our team.
- Business Valuation
- Cost Segregation / Cost Remediation
- Capital Gains Reduction / Deferral Strategies
- Buy / Sell Agreement Funding
- Premium Financing
- Captive Insurance
- Business Exit / Succession Planning
- 1031 Exchanges
- Qualified & Non-Qualified Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
- Long Term Care & Life Insurance
- Estate, Retirement & Social Security Planning
- And more….
Whether you are a CPA who wants to provide more value to your Clients, or a Business Owner or High-Income Taxpayer who wants to learn if you are taking advantage of all possible tax planning opportunities, contact us today to learn how The Team Based Model can help.
For Tax Professionals
We are here to help CPA’s Maximize Business Potential and reposition themselves as a 21st Century Advisor
The CPA Team based Model is designed to help CPA’s deliver more value to their clients. We accomplish this by training you on the basics of the necessary solutions, leading you through a process to identify opportunities, and providing the resources of a team made up of many of the country’s top specialists. Ultimately, this allows you to deliver some of the best available solutions in what many believe to be the most efficient and risk-free system available.
By working with us, and utilizing our Team Based Model, you will learn how to:
- Reduce risk of losing your best clients to the competition
- Provide more value to all of your clients by expanding your services
- Expand your brain-trust by working with the top experts in the country
- Increase organic growth by solidifying your role as the “go-to-guy”
- Create an additional revenue streams from your existing client base
CPA Team Based Model alliance brings you planning specialists in the following areas and many more to provide expert opinions and solutions for your clients needs.
As your partner using the CPA Team Based Model, you can expect us to personally meet, educate, and train you to work more proactively with your clients, and help you identify opportunities to:
- Mitigate income tax problems
- Perform efficiency audits on financial plans
- Reduce financial and investment risks
- Reduce unnecessary business risks
- Reduce estate taxes
- Incorporate financial planning services
Elite Tax Planning Academy
The Elite Tax Planning Academy is a two-day event (16 CPE credits) that brings together some of the most forward-thinking professionals in the industry to teach Elite Resource Team’s financial advisors, and their CPA partners, how to work with a team of specialists to offer more proactive and comprehensive services to their clients. Each presenter is a specialist in their respective sections of the tax code. Over the next two days, advisors and CPAs will learn about advanced planning techniques as well as cutting-edge business building skills.
Business Building Topics Include:
- Strategic Planning for Firm Growth
- Value Based Billing and Price Packaging
- Proactive Planning Conversations
- Technology Integration and Cloud Accounting
Technical Topics Include:
- Tax Law Updates
- Qualified Retirement Plans
- Nonqualified Retirement Plans
- Social Security Planning
- Captive Insurance Companies
- Cost Segregation
- Business Valuation
- Long Term Care
- Business Exit Planning
News and Articles
“Gaining (from) your clients’ trust, How CPAs can shift from service provider to essential business adviser”, By Lindsey Ferguson, CPA: http://www.journalofaccountancy.com/Issues/2012/May/20114885.htm
“State of Accounting: Why CPAs Must Change”, By Geni Whitehouse: https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140325082113-1453216-state-of-accounting-why-cpas-must-change
“CPA Horizons 2025: A Road Map for the Future, 10 topics every CPA must examine to stay ahead of the curve”, Journal of Accountancy: http://www.journalofaccountancy.com/Issues/2011/Dec/20114670.htm
“Reactive CPAs Lose Clients, Survey Says”. AcctgWorks: http://acctgworks.com/2014/04/20/reactive-cpas-lose-clients-survey-says/